Our Editorial Board
We have a rigorous process to decide on the research papers we will cover as Alerts. We start with all studies funded by the NIHR, and select those with novel findings and implications for practice. They must be based on sound science. From this list, our Editorial Board chooses the research papers most likely to make a difference.
The Editorial Board is made up of members of the public, health and care professionals, researchers and NIHR staff.
Members of the Editorial Board
- David Baghurst, Director of Research Programmes and Director of Clinical Research Infrastructure, NIHR
- Victoria Bartle, Member of the Public
- Lindsay Bearne, Professor of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation at St George’s, University of London
- Mashkura Begum, Member of the Public
- Samantha Cassidy, Science Writer, NIHR Evidence
- Brendan Deeney, Research Dissemination Officer, NIHR Evidence
- Shona Haining, Head of Research and Evidence, North of England Commissioning Support Unit
- Candace Imison, Associate Director of Evidence and Dissemination, NIHR
- Jemma Kwint, Senior Research Fellow, NIHR Evidence
- Christian Mallen, NIHR Professor of General Practice and Head of Keele Medical School
- Helen Saul, Editor-in-Chief, NIHR Evidence